Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Daniel James Armendariz Birth Story

It all started on May 29th, I went in for my weekly check up.  I had been having some serious swelling for the past about month.  My blood pressure was high and I had gained too much water weight and had some protein in my urine.  At this point I was only dilated to a 1, but she told me your having a baby in the next 24 hours so you need to go home and head to the hospital.
I LOST it as I was leaving, I tried calling Josue and got his voicemail. This was my biggest fear.  Finally got to work and lost it when I saw my mom.  I was so ready to have him here but wasn't expecting for them to induce me.  I had text Josue to call me and called him again.  When I finally got thru to him I told him to meet me at home and we would be having a baby!






I got home packed and headed to the hospital.  They checked me in around 3:30pm They started me on citotech and let me wait it out.  I was given 3 doses and only got to a 1.5, my dr came in to tell me you better hurry up and have this baby I'm leaving on vacation in the morning.  I wasn't progressing like they had wanted me to, so at 2:30 am my doctor came back in to tell me I had 2 options, go home or have a c-section.  I wasn't prepared for either one of these, we decided to go home and be on strict bed-rest until the next Monday.
We sat around all weekend.  My mom came down and hung out with us to help us make sure we were laying low! On Friday night we went to Trio to have the Labor Pizza while Josue went golfing.  I had the pizza and we hoped that we would be having a baby shortly.  Saturday came and we had to go in for a non-stress test at the hospital, everything came back perfect and his heart beat was going perfect!  We left discouraged again.  At this point I had been to the hospital 4 days in a row never leaving with the baby on the outside!
On Sunday night we went to bed around 11:30 and at 12:30 I was up to go pee for the thousandth time that day.  As I was in the bathroom my water broke.  It was NOTHING what I expected! I wasn't having any contractions so I got back in bed to try and get a little rest as I knew we would be having a baby shortly.  About an hour later I moved a tiny bit in bed and it came out in full force.  I got up and screamed Josue my water broke.  We were on the move shortly after that.  When I got to the bathroom my water, was green (TMI).  He had had a bowel movement so I was told to get to the hospital ASAP.  When we got there the ladies were laughing cause I had just been there earlier that afternoon.  We got checked in around 3:30 and then the waiting game started.
We were trying to progress on our own so around the hospital halls we went.  We walked and my contractions started to intensify.  I was in KILLER pain. So around 5:30 I was a 2 and I got in the bath tub to see if that would help with the pain and progression.  At that point I had asked Josue to stay pregnant forever and thought there was NO way I could have a baby.  I didn't want to go thru the labor process I was scared and my perfectionist way needed to know what was going to happen.  I was determined to get to a 4 before I had drugs.  Before this day I wanted to go 100% natural, that was until it all started.
At about 11 was when they checked me and saw that I was at a 4, I had asked for the epidural at this point. The great man with the drugs came in and I decided to take a nap because I had been up since the day before at 8am. At 1 they came in to check me again and I was still at a 4 so they decided to start pitocin to help speed me up. After this we had some family there visiting and hanging out with us trying to pass some time.  I was able to feel everything on my right side so I asked for some more epidural. In the mean time of waiting for the epidural dose again they came in to check me and I was at a 10 so we wanted to start the pushing process.
I told Josue to go get something to eat quick so we both weren't starving!  Everyone looked at me like I was crazy!  They came in to give me more epidural and gave it to me and then realized I was at a 10 so he was sort of stressed he just gave me another full dose.
I pushed for 2 hours without feeling a single thing.  Then it started to fade a bit and then it was a little easier to feel. I pushed for another 50 minutes and then our sweet boy was born. He was 8 pounds 13 ounces and 21.5 inches. Since he had a bowel movement he had to be taken to the NICU nurses.  He didn't cry for 5 minutes and I was freaking out.  I had told Josue to go wherever the baby went and I would be fine.  I didn't get to see him for about 20 minutes which was the longest 20 minutes of my life.
When I finally got to see him it was the most amazing time of my life! I couldn't believe that after 9 months he was finally here.
Now onto some pictures!!


















No comments:

Post a Comment